Every once in a while it is nice to have an easy dessert to throw together, whether it is for unexpected company or a sudden sweet tooth. With a quick crust and canned pie filling, you just can’t beat this cobbler. Just make sure your to check the ingredients on the filling.
- 1 1/2 cups Pamela’s Baking and Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar + 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2-21oz cans fruit pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish.
- Spread pie filling in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Combine the baking mix, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter, then fold in milk.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough on top of pie filling, then spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sugar over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
As everyone I’ve ever met does (or close to anyway), we serve cobbler with a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream! If you need a quick gluten-free dessert, this was a hit with even my gluten eating family members.