I needed something relatively quick and easy for dinner one night. So, I dug through my pantry and fridge looking for ingredients I had on hand. Then I recalled a picture I had come across last week. So I ended up making baked potatoes stuffed with eggs. If for some reason you have leftover baked potatoes–this would be a great way to use them up. I didn’t so I pricked holes in my potatoes and stuck them in the microwave for 10 minutes. All together these took about 30 minutes from start to finish. I tried to come up with come cute name for these…but I’ve got nothing.
- 4 baked potatoes (I used russet potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled (or bacon bits)
- 4 eggs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a thin layer off of the top of your potatoes.
- Scoop out the potatoes, then season the potato shell.
- Add a tablespoon of cheese and one whole egg to each potato.
- Season the egg to taste.
- Sprinkle the bacon and green onion over the eggs.
- Bake the potatoes for 20-25 minutes. You’re just looking for the whites to set.
- Serve immediately.