Because of my issues with tomatoes, making pasta isn’t just an issue of swapping out the noodles for a gluten free variety. Because I can’t just pull out a jar of Ragu, it has led to a lot experimentation over the years. When you want to eat pasta and you’re watching your weight, tomato sauce tends to be the go to. But, I’ve recently found that wine is fairly low in calories (I know, I’m a little slow). With this information in hand, I developed this recipe that has become a favorite in my house. I use Farmo-corn and rice penne for this dish. Farmo is by far the best gluten free pasta I’ve found. The first time I tried it I was amazed at how similar to regular pasta it was-both in taste and consistency.
- 1 head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 oz penne (or pasta of your choice)
- Salmon fillets (about 12 oz)
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 20 medium black olives, cut in half
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic gloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Pino Grigio or white wine of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
8. When salmon is finished cooking flake it with a fork into bite size pieces.
11. Combine the cooked pasta, cauliflower, flaked salmon, and wine sauce. Serve immediately.
This makes 4 servings, and is pretty healthy at 459 calories per serving.
*There are quite a few steps to this dish, but I have found that I can get it all done in the 20 minutes that the salmon and cauliflower bake.